Friday, March 6, 2009

Winter Pinks and Greens

A primrose blossoms in the greenhouse

Spearmint tastes so delicious - it's one of my favorite herbs

Winter parsley looks so delicate, almost ferny in it's growth

The contrast of vivid pink and rich green is striking in this favorite geranium



This gorgeous geranium grew so much that I can barely get past it to the other plants but I love the chartreuse and red leaves so much that I can't bear to trim it. In the spring, I may take some cuttings from it to start more plants for hanging baskets outdoors.


Last October I brought some geraniums, spearmint, parsley, and rosemary plants indoors to my small attached greenhouse from the gardens to, hopefully, stay alive until this May. Well, they have never stopped growing and blossoming and providing constant joy to my senses and lots of delicious herbs for the kitchen. This fall I plan on trying some hanging baskets of small cherry type tomatoes and some greenhouse cucumbers and some lettuces since my first modest experiment has turned out so well.

No comments: