Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Clay Art


The photo above represents a small part of what I created in my 8 week pottery class which ended this week. After being away from ceramics for ten years, I found a class nearby that fit my work schedule and enrolled. There are 2 teachers, both of whom are gifted potters , who each possess excellent teaching skills, my fellow students were interesting and motivated people and the facilities were well-equipped and spacious. All this together created a wonderful creative dynamic that combined aspects of both art and science. The next class starts in mid-April and I definitely plan to enroll.

Simple meals like tea and cereal take on a gourmet flavor when eaten from vessels that I've created myself. Finding something you like and doing it for the sheer fun of it is a treat that I highly recommend to everyone. Happy creating!

No comments: