Monday, March 2, 2009

A March Welcome

Dahlia and Duke smooching in the tulips


The doorway to my training building

I've been so gratefully busy earning my living that I had no creative energy left to post. Now I'm able to catch my breath and find that I actually missed not writing on my little blog. I think that it is a good sign that I may be beginning a habit. This month I am going to put together a kite that I've had for too many years and never flown. Something about March and kites that goes together. I am looking forward to getting it airborne and photographing it.

Chevy, Vida and myself were scheduled to march in a peaceful demonstration against the local university's practice of using live shelter animals for horrible, painful practice instead of simulations which 90% of the schools use nowadays. They received 19,000 protesting e-mails in one month and decided to stop using animals so the demonstration was canceled. Yea!! I am sorry for all the animals who could not be saved, though.

Since I am eager for Spring, I am posting some flower pix I took last year.

No comments: