Friday, April 3, 2009

Farewell, Miami


I happened to take this photo of Miami the day before she died. Her bright eyes sparkled with love and intelligence as we enjoyed what would turn out out to be her last walkabout on the farm.



This has been a sad week for me because my dear Miami died. Miami had a special gift that she was born with of being able to calm any dog she ever met. She ably assisted me countless times in rehabbing innumerable aggressive/fearful dogs for their owners. I always knew I could count on her to step up when asked and to instinctively do the exact correct behavior for the situation. So, we worked together as a team while the years went quickly by, until, this week, her good heart finally just wore out. "Mi ami " means my love in Spanish and she certainly was that to me and a whole lot more. Rest easy, my dear sweet girl, and, if such things are heavenly possible, please put your impeccable gentle spirit into my next shepherd puppy.

No comments: