Sunday, February 22, 2009

A New Day

A few years ago, this  babbling brook was  lovely but very quiet.  I built a bridge with a bench on it so I could sit there and meditate.  I hauled in five or six truckloads of rocks and boulders and created a series of waterfalls.  By carefully  changing the placement of the rocks, I was able to fine tune the sound to my satisfaction.  It was a true labor of love that is now enjoyed by all who see or hear it.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that I did all that because it looks so natural now.  I guess that I am  Mother Nature's helper, tweaking things just a little here and there!

"You wake up in the morning, and your purse is magically filled with twenty-four hours of unmanufactured tissue of the universe of your life!  It is yours.  It is the most precious of possessions.  No one can take it from you.  And no one receives either more or less than you receive."     
                                       - Thomas Arnold Bennett

I love this way of thinking  about each day and wanted to share it.

No comments: