Saturday, May 8, 2010

Eternal Beauty

This beautiful sparkly, glittery boulder has purple quartz inclusions, feldspar veins and lots of mica and pyrite.  When the sun shines on it, it looks like a huge lump of silver.


Closeup showing the purple inclusions as well as some pink and green.  I bought this boulder for my birthday at a wonderful place that sells  rocks from pebble-size to truck-size.  I think I looked at every single rock before I finally made up my mind to get this one.  It's one of the best presents I've ever given myself.


"What nature delivers to us is never stale.  Because what nature creates has eternity in it."
-Isaac Bashevis Singer



Seek out  and enjoy nature's eternal beauty today.  Peace.

1 comment:

Sheryl at Providence North said...

Nice rock! I like rocks too and collect them for the garden while traveling around.

Hubby just LOVES it when I ask him to stop along the roadside for ROCKS! lol